Tinalandia Reserve 2D/1N Tour
Tinalandia is a great introduction to the world of tropical birds where more than 360 species have been founded. The drive from Quito is a scene of its own until we reach the town of Santo Domingo. Tinalandia is 3 hours away from there (120 km.).
Difficult: Easy Group: Any Family: Yes Duration: 2 Days
- Day 1: Pick up at 7:00 am, drive from Quito to Santo Domingo; between Alluriquin and Santo Domingo is the 100 ha. Tinalandia Reserve where not only many colorful birds can be seen but also plenty of exuberant primary forest vegetation. Arriving at 10:30 am, rest at Tinalandia Lodge, have lunch, and in the afternoon see the golf course overlooking the Toachi valley and many trails in the woods behind. We will have a small box lunch at 4:30 pm to start a hike where we will see birds that are about to go rest. Dinner at 7:00 pm.
Day 2: Wake up at 5:00 am and head to the Cloud Forest. At 9:00 am box lunch and then walk down the river and swim. Lunch at 2:00 pm and then back to Quito.
- Private transportation
- Naturalist tour guide
- 2 lunches and 1 dinner at Tinalandia
- 2 box lunches
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Entrance fee to the Tinalandia Reserve
- We'll have a full day at one of Ecuador's finest birding locations: Tinalandia. Located at around 2,000 feet in elevation (and only 10 minutes from our hotel), Tinalandia and its surrounding tracts of pre-montane wet forest have been deservedly praised by the international birding community. The Tinalandia bird list numbers over 300 species. Feeders on the grounds attract a wonderful variety of hummingbirds, tanagers and other species. Trails through both forest and open terrain are easy to walk. Birders here have an excellent opportunity to view species not only in the canopy, but also along the forest edge and on the forest floor.
Birds seen at Tinalandia on last season's tour include: gray-capped cuckoo, purple-crowned fairy, green-crowned brilliant, rufous-tailed motmot, rufous jacamar, pale-mandibled aracari, scarlet-backed woodpecker, pale-legged hornero, banded-backed wren, purple honeycreeper and golden tanager.
PRICES ARE PER PERSON IN USD
Number of Passengers 1 2 3 4-9 10-15 Tinalandia Reserve Tour Prices $833 $319 $242 $212 $174 *includes bilingual guide
Tours Unlimited is a leading company offering personalized service to international tourists. For 15 years, it has contributed to the development and promotion of all Ecuador’s four regions. We invite you to come and enjoy Tinalandia, one of the best places to go for avid birdwatchers; 8 out of 10 of our clients and visitors has given an “excellent” rating to our tours dedicated to discover the Tinalandia and its surroundings.
We will offer a punctual, courteous and professional service adjusted to your individual needs with the objective of showing the magic of Ecuador in a safe, fun and responsible way. All of our guides are bilingual fully prepared to give you the most complete information about the local culture, history and geography; 9 out of 10 of our clients and visitors has given an “excellent” rating to our guides. If you don’t believe us, check out some of our clients’ testimonials: