Tapir Lodge 5D/4N and 4D/3N Tours
Tapir Lodge is a complex of two bungalows, built following Quichua construction techniques: a tower and a social area. The tower has four double suites each comfortably equipped, with private bathroom with hot water and each with its own balcony and hammocks. The bungalows, each with 4 double rooms are comfortable and roomy.
Difficult: Easy / Moderate Group: 24 pax Family: Yes Duration: 5 Days
- Day 01: Quito - Lago Agrio – Cuyabeno
Flight from Quito to Lago Agrio, and drive 3 hours to "El Puente" (entrance of the Cuyabeno National Park). Box lunch on the way. followed by a 3 hour canoe ride down the Cuyabeno River admiring the wide variety of flora and fauna. Dinner and overnight in our Tapir Lodge.
Day 02: Amazon Jungle Exploration
After breakfast we will explore the primary forest of Cuyabeno, learning about the endemic flora and fauna in the area. Our first excursion will be a 3 hour walk in the primary forest and the nearby lake of "Laguna Grande" where we can admire a big variety of ancient trees, long lianas, giant palms, bromeliads, orchids, and birds like woodpeckers, tanagers, macaws, toucans and two or three species of monkeys. Back to lunch at the lodge. In the afternoon, piranha fishing and refreshing dip into the Cuyabeno lagoon. Dinner and overnight in our Tapir Lodge.
Day 03: Amazon Jungle Expedition
After breakfast, we will hike through the jungle with a naturalist guide, who will give us lessons about the use of medicinal plants. We will have the great chance to see diurnal mammals, reptiles and birds. Lunch in our lodge, where our passengers will taste the best typical and international cuisine in the middle of the jungle. In the afternoon, canoe ride to the Canangueno Lake. Good chances to admire fresh water dolphins, arapaimas, prehistoric hoatizins, and a fantastic sunset. Dinner and overnight in our Tapir Lodge.
Day 04: Amazon Jungle Expedition
Early breakfast, bird watching tour. Visit to the small settlement of Puerto Bolívar (Siona Indians). We will share with the Indians the way they live. Lunch. In the afternoon, we will also have some bird and butterfly watching, and will take our canoes to go to the Grande Lake, where we will also have an extraordinary sunset view. At night, we shall look for caimans and be part of the nocturnal wildlife along the Cuyabeno river.
Day 05: Cuyabeno - Lago Agrio – Quito
Early breakfast. Bird watching tour, enjoying the surrounding nature, we make our way to "El Puente", and from there to Lago Agrio by bus, on time to take the flight back to Quito. End of our services.
Note: Also 7D/6N tours available. Contact us for more information!
- Box lunch
- Private transportation Lago Agrio - Cuyabeno - Lago Agrio
- Accommodation in double room with private bathroom and hot water shower
- Canoe rides
- 3 meals a day
- Soft drinks (water, coffee, tea)
- Daily excursion program
- Naturalist multilingual speaking guides (English, German)
- Rubber boots, raincoats, life saver
- Entrance fee Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve (20 USD p/p)
- Flight Quito - Lago Agrio - Quito (121.86 USD)
- Alcoholic and bottled beverages
- Tips and personal expenses
- The Tapir Jungle Lodge is located in the Cuyabeno National Park and Wildlife Reserve, an elaborate system of remote lagoons, rivers and flooded forest found in north-eastern Ecuador. The reserve encompasses over 655,000 hectares of primary rainforest and boasts an incredible variety of neo-tropical wildlife including river dolphins, tapirs, capybaras, caimans, anacondas, ocelots, monkeys and the famous piranha. The bird life is particularly spectacular: over 580 species have been recorded such as the prehistoric-looking hoatzin, umbrella bird, blue-headed parrot, white-eared jacamar, scarlet macaw and the awesome harpy-eagle with its eight-foot wingspan. Additionally, over 12,000 species of plants have been identified.
PRICES ARE PER PERSON IN USD Program Types7 days / 6 nights5 days / 4 nights4 days / 3 nights 4 to 8 people$1.000 per person-- 2 to 4 people-$695 per person- 5 or more people-$640 per person- 2 to 4 people--$555 per person 5 or more people--$510 per person
Tours Unlimited is a leading company offering personalized service to international tourists. For 15 years, it has contributed to the development and promotion of all Ecuador’s four regions. We invite you to come and enjoy Antisana, one of the best places to go and contemplate the majestic Andean Condor; 8 out of 10 of our clients and visitors has given an “excellent” rating to our tours dedicated to discover Antisana and its surroundings.
We will offer a punctual, courteous and professional service adjusted to your individual needs with the objective of showing the magic of Ecuador in a safe, fun and responsible way. All of our guides are bilingual fully prepared to give you the most complete information about the local culture, history and geography; 9 out of 10 of our clients and visitors has given an “excellent” rating to our guides. If you don’t believe us, check out some of our clients’ testimonials: