Kapawi Lodge 5D/4N and 4N/3D Tours
Located in one of the areas with the highest biodiversities on earth, Kapawi uses low-impact technology, such as solar power, waste management and recycling, and biodegradable soaps.
Kapawi has set new standards for the ecotourism industry all over the world, and has been awarded the ecotourism Excellence Award 2000 by Conservation International. Kapawi built a respectful relationship along the Achuar local community who base a large percentage of their income on this ecotourism enterprise.
Difficult: Easy / Difficult Group: 50 pax Family: Yes Duration: 5 Days
Services / facilities
The Lodge provides multiple program activities that are characterized by their flexibility: they allow you to design your itinerary day by day, along the rest of your group and your guide, so you can pick the most suitable program for your interests and desired activity level. Most itineraries include visits to the Achuar communities, hikes in the rain forest, canoeing, bird watching, and other activities. According to your interests and physical condition (but not your age!), they offer three alternative programs: easy, moderate, and difficult.
Guest room information
The lagoon varies in water level throughout the year's season and provides the perfect setting for your accommodation. The lodge accommodates up to 50 guests and was built in accordance to the Achuar concept of architecture. They offer 20 double and triple rooms with private bathrooms, sun heated showers and electricity provided by a solar panel system. Every room has a wide terrace.
- Kapawi is a place of multiple choices and is characterized by its flexibility. They do not offer fixed programs, but you can design with your guide and your group, the most suitable one to meet your interests and physical condition.
There are three alternatives, according to your physical condition (not your age):
Programs that include short hikes in the rainforest (up to 3 hours) on well defined trails, visits to the Achuar communities as well as trips in canoes. Meals are served in the lodge or light meals are taken for the trip. Typical Achuar meals are also offered in their communities. And during overnight stays in the lodge or in tents.
Programs that include medium-distance hikes in the rain forest (up to 5 hours), sometimes crossing flooded areas. Trips in canoes and visits to the Achuar communities are also covered. Light meals are taken for the journey or typical Achuar dishes are served in their communities. Overnight stays include the lodge, in the Achuar communities and occasionally in tents.
Demanding hikes of many hours or days in poorly defined and often flooded trails. Porters will carry food and supplies. Overnight stays are in tents or in the Achuar communities. Exploration journeys to virgin areas are occasionally offered. Trips on inaccessible rivers are done in inflatable rafts. Excellent physical condition is required!
- All meals
- English speaking naturalist guide
- Excursions according to the program
- Charter flight Quito-Macas-Kapawi-Macas-Quito
- Achuar community fee US 10 p/p
- Hotel and service taxes USD 4 per night/per person
- In Kapawi: soft and alcoholic beverages
- Personal items
- Kapawi is a great place for birding. In ten days you can get a list of almost 400 species. The river islands often have Horned Screamers and Orinoco Geese. Muscovy Ducks are more prevalent. Other birds of exceptional interest featured in Kapawi are two species of Ant wren recently discovered (Herpislochaus and Terenura, sp. Novum), Salvin´s Curassow, Buckley's Forest-Falcon, Sapphire Quail-Dove, Blue-winged Parrolet, Scarlet-Shouldered Parrolet, Black-billed Cuckoo, White Chested Puff bird, Spotted Puff bird, Tawney-throated Leaftosser, Black Bushbird, Amazonian Umbrella bird, Orange-eyed Flycatcher (Tolmomyas trailli, sp. Novum), Moriches Oriole and the most amazing thing is that you can see and record new species on the islands (like Arremonops, sp. Novum)!
PRICES ARE PER PERSON IN USD Program Types4 days / 3 nights5 days / 4 nights8 days / 7 nightsFriday to MondayMonday to FridayMonday to Monday / Friday to Friday Double Occupancy$839 per person$1.049 per person$1.509 per person Jr. Suite$929 per person$1.139 per person$1.672 per person Master Suite$969 per person$1.179 per person$1.749 per person Single Occupancy Supplement Add 40% to the listed price
Extra bed Deduct 40% from the listed price
Transportation Land transportation Quito / Shell / Quito: $60 per person
Air Transportation Shell-Kapawi-Shell: $274 + 12% per person
Tours Unlimited is a leading company offering personalized service to international tourists. For 15 years, it has contributed to the development and promotion of all Ecuador’s four regions. We invite you to come and enjoy Antisana, one of the best places to go and contemplate the majestic Andean Condor; 8 out of 10 of our clients and visitors has given an “excellent” rating to our tours dedicated to discover Antisana and its surroundings.
We will offer a punctual, courteous and professional service adjusted to your individual needs with the objective of showing the magic of Ecuador in a safe, fun and responsible way. All of our guides are bilingual fully prepared to give you the most complete information about the local culture, history and geography; 9 out of 10 of our clients and visitors has given an “excellent” rating to our guides. If you don’t believe us, check out some of our clients’ testimonials: